As we continue to rely on God’s mercy and guidance in this time of trouble. Our prayers go out to all those dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic from the Federal government, state and local governments, first responders and all of the medical personnel involved.
At Bethlehem our Parrish Planning Council and Board of Elders are continually reevaluating our response to the ever-changing situation to best serve our congregation and community. We have made the following changes and recommendations:
– All members and their families should remain in their homes as much as possible until the state government has lifted their “stay at home” directive. At this time is in effect until May 1.
– Cancellation of Sunday Bible Class and Sunday School Classes. We recommend www.cph.org for resources in your home Sunday School and Bible studies.
-All services will continue to be live-streamed on YouTube and are available to all until the May 1st date. This will include all Holy Week services – Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
– All fellowship groups are suspended until May or June.
– Future events such as Easter Worship, Confirmation Sunday, and others will be postponed until later in the summer. These may be modified to fit both time and date.
– All offerings should be either by mail or through your financial institution.
– Private confession and absolution are available by contacting the Pastor. Also, those in need of Holy Communion should schedule this through the Pastor.
– On the question of “virtual communion,” the will be NO “virtual communion since communion out of the context of the worship service and without an ordained pastor to directly bless and sanctify the elements there is no sacrament and the bread and wine as just bread and wine.
If you have any questions please call your elder or the church office.
These changes have been made to reduce as much as possible the spread of the virus while still providing for the spiritual life of all our beloved members. We will notify all our congregation through the One-Call system, posting on this website or on the live-streaming service of YouTube.
God bless you. May His Grace and Mercy be with you and all who are affected by this emergency situation.